So, what happens next?
The buying and selling process can be confusing, so we have compiled the key stages to help you through the process:
- Consider your finances – Speak to your bank or an independent financial advisor. So, you understand what you can afford and the cost implications associated with moving home.
- Book your free valuation – Have agents to value your house and produce a marketing strategy of how and when best to market your home for sale to achieve the best price in your preferred time frame.
- Prep your house & arrange your photos, measurements and floor plan – We produce excellent brochures and online adverts for the properties we represent, we take pride in our marketing and take the time to produce the right advert for a successful marketing campaign.
- Launch your advert – Once you have signed off your property brochure we will launch the property on our website and Rightmove.
- Viewings take place at your home – Our professional team show your property to prospective buyers. These applicants will have been qualified so we know their budgets, we know their position and so we know the property suits their needs. After a viewing takes place you will receive accurate feedback from your agent.
- Negotiating offers to achieve the best price – As we will have qualified the potential buyer and met them in person this gives us the edge when negotiating to achieve the best possible price.
- After an offer has been agreed – We work hard to get everything in place to start the sales progression process. This includes: Financially qualifying your purchaser, getting the solicitors in place on both sides of the transaction to send out the sales memorandum and changing the internet listing and board status to SSTC.
- The sales progression process begins – We will communicate on a regular basis between you, your purchaser, other agents involved in the chain and the solicitors to reach exchange and then completion as quickly as possible. We understand that the longer a sale takes to complete the likelihood of it falling through increases…nobody wants that!
- During the sales progression – Solicitors will start searches, raise enquiries and answer enquiries, your financial advisor/lender will arrange the mortgage valuation on the property you are buying or selling. If everything is acceptable then dates will be finalised for exchange and completion.
- Exchange of contracts and completion – Exchange happens and makes the transaction legally binding. Now you need to pack up the house organise your removals and on day of completion collect your keys for your new home, pop the champagne and celebrate!